Chèvre d’Or adds creaminess and nutty flavor to this lentil salad with pomegranate seeds and escarole for an easy packed lunch or healthy and indulgent dinner.
- 1 cup dried French lentils, rinsed
- 12 oz fresh escarole, chopped
- ½ wedge Chèvre d’Or goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tbs champagne vinegar
- ½ tbs honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a large saucepan, combine lentils and 2 cups water. Bring to a rolling boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until lentils are cooked and barely tender. When fully cooked, drain and return to pot. Season with salt, cover and set aside to keep warm.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, warm 1 tbs olive oil until shimmering. When oil is heated, add escarole and season with salt and pepper. Cook, taking care to stir constantly until greens wilt. Reduce heat to low, cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- When escarole is tender, combine with lentils and season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
- To serve, plate escarole and lentil mixture in center of dish. Top with goat cheese and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle crushed hazelnuts and drizzle with honey lemon vinaigrette.
For the dressing:
- In a small, non reactive bowl combine lemon juice, champagne vinegar and honey. Whisk until honey is fully incorporated.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking to combine until dressing emulsifies.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.