by Alexandra Shytsman
- 1 tablespoon red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small heads of Belgian endive, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 medium tart green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 crumbled Le Montagne de Bethmale Chevre
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. While continually whisking, gradually drizzle in the oil, and continue whisking until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Place the endive and apple in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 2/3 of the vinaigrette and gently toss. Transfer the salad to a serving platter, drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette, and top with the walnuts and cheese. Serve immediately.