Yield: 4 burgers
- 2 (2-ounce) French aged Crottins
- 2 (5-ounce) containers fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1lb ground turkey (white or dark meat)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Burger accompaniments
- Place 2 tsp oil into a large sauté pan, and warm over medium-high heat. Add spinach in batches, stirring constantly to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stirring into the spinach and cooking just 30 seconds to not burn. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, and let spinach cool slightly. Then, add ground turkey, salt and pepper into the bowl, and stir to combine ingredients. Form into 4 even patties, about 3/4-inch thick.
- Warm 1 Tablespoon oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and sauté burgers about 5 to 6 minutes on each side until fully cooked, cutting into burger’s center to check for doneness. Horizontally slice each crottin into 4 pieces. Layer 2 pieces of crottin onto each burger, place on the bun and add accompaniments.
Chèvre substitutes: another aged French goat cheese (log, pyramid or round)