- 1 Large English cucumber
- 1 pint mixed yellow and red grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 4oz French fresh goat cheese such as log or spreadable
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make the salad: Chop cucumbers in small dice, quarter or halve tomatoes. Place in a bowl and season with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Make the dressing: in a blender, place basil, French fresh goat cheese, yogurt and garlic and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble: Spoon salad in jars or glasses and top with dressing. Garnish with a sprig of basil and chunks of goat cheese.
This lovely Spring and Summer salad can grace a festive buffet when served in jars or glasses. French fresh goat cheese adds full flavor to the dressing, while keeping it on the lighter side.